The mission of the GPISD school counseling program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social develoment of all students.
Professional School Counselors:
- Provide support to maximize student potential and academic acehivement
- Facilitate the support system to ensure all stuents in GPISD have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills at the highest level to be contributing members of a diverse community
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association
- Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program
- All students have dignity and worth
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program
- All students' ethinic, cultural, racial, sexual differences and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program
- All students shall have access to a state-certificed professional school counselor to deliver the counseling program
To be contacted by a counselor please print this form and return to campus:
The Grand Prairie Independent School District has adopted the Developmental Counseling and Guidance Program model as mandated by the Texas Educational Code (33.0005):
A school counselor shall work with the school faculty and staff, students, parents, and the community to plan, implement, and evaluate a developmental guidance and counseling program. The counselor shall design the program to include:
- A guidance curriculum to help students develop their full educational potential, including the student's interests and career objectives.
- A responsive services component to intervene on behalf of any student whose immediate personal concerns or problems put the student's continued educational, career, personal, or social development at risk.
- An individual planning system to guide a student as the student plans, monitors, and manages the student's own educational, career, personal, and social development.
- System support to support the efforts of teachers, staff, parents and other members of the community in promoting the educational, career, personal and social development of students.
Elementary School Counselors
Middle School Counselors
High School. Counselors
Director of Counseling Services