February Auditions - Open to GPISD and Out-of-District Students
Saturday, February 14: Visual Arts & Theatre auditions
Saturday, February 21: Band, Dance, Mariachi, Orchestra & Vocal Music auditions
Online applications for February auditions will open on Monday, January 5 and will close on Monday, January 19.
Academic Eligibility Requirements
All applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered Academically Eligible:
- Pass with an average of 80 in All Core Classes (ELA, Math, Social Studies, Science)
- 90% Attendance rate for the current year
- Passed all areas of the State Assessments (STAAR or EOC) in the last administration
- Acceptable discipline record for the current year
Audition Requirements By Strand **Students may audition for two different strands**
**Please note that High School Band has a heavy emphasis on Jazz**
February Audition Process Timeline
1) Online Applications will open Monday, January 5
2) Online Applications will close on Monday, January 19
2) Academic eligibility standards of each applicant will be checked by GPFAA staff before an audition invitation is extended
3) Students will be notified by email if they are invited to audition based on academic standing; Students who do not meet the academic eligibility standards will also be notified by email
4) Auditions on February 14 and February 21
5) Students will be notified by email if they have been accepted or denied acceptance into GPFAA for the 2015-2016 year
**If a student auditioned in December and was not accepted, he/she may reapply and audition for a different strand**
If there are any further questions or issues with the online application process, please contact Keitha Spears at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Day of" Audition Process 2015-2016
Each strand has their own audition requirements that must be prepared in advance of the audition. Read through these requirements and begin gathering your materials.
What To Bring to Auditions
All students are required to bring one copy of their resume and a head shot for each strand the student will audition for. The head shot does not have to be professionally produced. **Please note that the resume/head shot will not be returned**
Day of Audition Process
**Students must be checked in no later than 10:30a
**Auditions will be on a first come, first serve basis and will run until finished. Depending on the number of auditions, this process could last up to four hours.
- Students will check-in, receive a number and will be escorted to the cafeteria
- Parents may wait in the gym or may feel free to leave and return for their student after the audition is complete. If you choose to leave the campus, make sure your student has a way to contact you after his/her audition is complete.
- Attire: Check strand requirements for specific dress code; if no dress code is specified please plan to Dress for Success. This is an audition and will be treated as so.
- Bring a bottle of water!
- Be sure to double check the individual strand requirements. Students will need to bring all materials specified in these requirements (example: instruments, portfolio, dance shoes, etc)