2013 School Board Election
May 11, 2013 School Board Election
As most of you know, we are one week away from Early Voting (April 29th thru May 7th) for the 2013 School Board Election, and about one month away from the May 11th School Board Election. Each of your campuses will be involved as a polling site on May 11th. Dallas County Elections usually begins delivering polling equipment to our 15 local polling sites (campuses) the week before the Election.
· The Election is a one day event with the polls being open for voting from 7:00am-7:00pm.
· The Election Judges will need access to the individual polling sites from 6:00am-10:00pm on Election Day.
· Buddy Davis will organize/coordinate the custodial responsibilities of opening and closing of the facilities.
· Jonathan Ozuna will be responsible for programming the air conditioning at each campus.
· Principals, please stress to custodians in charge of opening/closing the buildings, the importance of being punctual and having the site open on time for the Election Judges to have access to the building.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES
· Provide 3 tables and chairs for the Election Judges and clerks
· Access to a standard electrical outlet within 25th of tables
· Access to a telephone for judges to call in results of Election.
· Voting site shall not be places on a stage or where it is not handicapped accessible.
Polling Sites Locations
Arnold Middle School Johnson Elementary Charley Taylor Rec. Center
Bowie Elementary Milam Elementary Grand Prairie Fire Station #8
Crosswinds High School Rayburn Elementary
Daniels Academy Reagan Middle School
Eisenhower Elementary Travis Elementary
Garner Fine Arts Academy Truman Middle School
Houston Professional Dev. Ctr. Zavala Elementary
Lamar Alternative School