Mission StatementTo protect and promote the health and safety of all students and staff through:
- Advocacy for accessible health services and policies reflective of our community values
- Prevention of disease and injury
- Development of strategic relationships with key organizations to accomplish the mission, vision and goals of the health services program
- Prepare school nurses to perform optimally in an environment with increasing and complex health issues
We recognize that the health status of students impacts the quality of their education.
- Coordinated School Health -- Health Services, Health Education, Employee Wellness, Healthful & Safe Environment, Parent Involvement, Nutrition, Physical Education, and Health Education
- Communicable Disease Control -- Awareness, training and prevention
- Immunization Compliance -- Texas Immunization Laws for school age children
- School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) -- Community health advised
- Child Abuse Reporting & Data Collection
- State Health Reports
- Blood-borne Pathogens Exposure Control
- Health Services Training
- School District & Medical Community Liaison
- Pregnancy-Related Services and PEP
- Supervision & Primary Evaluator of Nurses
- AED Program
- GEHI (General Education Homebound Instruction)
Below are some key things to consider and take note.
1. A medication permission order signed by BOTH you and your child’s doctor is required for any medications your child needs administered at school, including over-the-counter medications. These forms are available in my office as well as online under Health Services.
2. Prescription medication needs to be brought in the original packaging with the prescription label attached this includes inhalers and nebulizer treatments.
Things to Remember:
1. Please keep kids home if they are ill.
2. Students with the following symptoms must stay home for 24 hours before returning to school
Child must be fever free for 24 hours without the aid of medication. *This allows your child to feel better but also to minimize the spread of sickness and infection to others.
Degrees and Certifications: