About Our School
1100 N. Carrier Pkwy
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Our Vision for Crosswinds Accelerated High School is to be a campus in which a student's race, economic situation, language, or previous experiences do not predict or determine their future outcomes.
Our mission is to nurture, mentor, and educate all students, especially those who have struggled in a traditional high school setting, in order to ensure their personal growth and success.
About Our School
Crosswinds Accelerated High School is a School of Choice offering accelerated instructional opportunities while meeting the needs of a diverse student population. The school day is comprised of three distinct sessions that provide flexible scheduling opportunities for students. Crosswinds is currently in its seventh year as a Grand Prairie School of Choice.
Crosswinds Accelerated High School provides a barrier-free learning environment where students have the opportunity to be successful in attaining a high school diploma as defined by the Texas State Board of Education through innovative and technology-driven curricula.
- Three distinct attendance sessions (Morning, Afternoon, and Evening)
- Individualized instruction
- Small campus size
- Safe learning environment
- Technology programs that extend the instructional day
- Dual-credit opportunities
- GPISD student and employee Child Learning Center
- Handprints on Hearts mentoring program
- Community service-oriented campus (Adopt-A-Street trash cleanup, Salvation Army, Brighter Tomorrows, Food Drive, etc.)
- Many graduates of Crosswinds attend college
- Students are partners with GPISD Special Olympics
- Graduates of Crosswinds serve in our Nation’s military:
- Army, Marines, Air Force, and National Guard
- Eco Challenge Team
Crosswinds High School Profile – English | Perfil de Crosswinds High School – Español