EVENT: School Immunizations/Appointments Required
Passport Health/Staying Healthy Medical Services will be conducting a vaccination clinic to get your students up to date for the school year.
November 4, 2020 - 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Grand Prairie ISD - Family Service Center 2341 S. Belt Line Rd., Grand Prairie 75050
- A printed current vaccine record or note from school stating missing vaccines is required. (Electronic proof cannot be accepted. A paper copy must be provided.)
- Parent or guardian must be present.
- Only students attending the school district that is hosting the clinic, age 3-18, can be seen. This should not replace any well child checkups at the pediatrician.
- Older children who resist shots and children with special needs cannot be seen given the nature of this clinic. Please refer to your pediatrician.
- This clinic is being offered as a community service event and should not replace a visit to your pediatrician. Staff and supplies are limited so the clinic may be discontinued if supplies or time runs out. We cannot guarantee that everyone will be seen.
We accept the following forms of payment:
Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana & United Health Care PPO plans will be accepted.
**WE CANNOT ACCEPT AETNA & BLUE CROSS GOLD, SILVER, OR BRONZE PLANS OR HMO PLANS WITH ANY INSURANCE COMPANY.**
A paper photo copy of insurance card and driver's license MUST be provided to receive vaccines at no charge. Electronic copies cannot be accepted.
No charge for vaccines.
Must provide a paper photo copy of card.
No charge - fees will be
paid by GPISD
Please make an appointment by calling Norma Gonzalez at 972-237-4013
Vaccines available: Chicken Pox, DtaP, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HIB, HPV, Meningococcal, MMR, Polio, Pneumonia and TDaP
Immunizations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
As we approach the return to school, Health Services would like to share some very important information regarding state required immunizations and COVID-19 symptoms. The requirements for immunizations have NOT been waived, nor have they changed over the past few months. Students are still required to be up to date on their immunizations in order to attend school. If you are unsure of the immunizations your child may need, please contact your campus nurse or doctor’s office. An updated copy of the immunization record must be submitted prior to the start of school.
Students with asthma (needing medication while at school) will need a medication permit with an inhaler and aero-chamber. Due to COVID-19, nebulizer treatments should be avoided in the school setting.
Due to the pandemic, we want to make sure that parents are aware of the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Parents should screen their children for these each morning PRIOR to coming to school. These include, but are not limited to:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
Any student noted to have COVID symptoms while at school will be sent home immediately. According to the CDC, the students may return when the student has:
- 24 hours with no fever (without Tylenol or Motrin) AND
- Respiratory/other symptoms have improved (e.g. cough, shortness of breath) AND
- It has been 10 days since symptoms first appeared
- Other return options include a medical release from the doctor with an alternate diagnosis OR a lab confirmed PCR negative test result from an approve COVID-19 testing location: https://tdem.texas.gov/covid-19/
Please begin to practice mask wearing, hand washing, and social distancing with your children. These will be the expectations upon the student’s return.
Thank you for your attention to these matters and please check Health Services Webpage for updates for immunization and COVID-19.
Obtaining Immunizations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Minute Clinic will provide vaccines by appointment only. Keep in mind that sick visits are currently the priority. Please contact your local Minute Clinic, or you can call 1-866-389-2727 to find the one closest to you. This is not free. You may, however, use your insurance.
Your primary physician is also a source for you to use at this time. Keep in mind that sick visits are currently the priority.
Other options include:
Grand Prairie office (Densman) closed during stay-at-home order
Main office (Stemmons) currently open on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday by appointment 214-819-2163
Jefferson Health Clinic open Tuesday and Thursday by appointment 214-948-0425
Randol Mill Rd in Arlington closed during stay-at-home order
Irving Branch Immunization Clinic (Nursery Rd.) open Tuesday and Thursday by appointment 214-673-0922
Dónde obtener vacunas durante la pandemia COVID-19
La clínica Minute Clinic ofrece vacunas solo con cita. Tenga en cuenta que las citas por enfermedad son actualmente la prioridad. Comuníquese con la Minute Clinic local, o puede llamar al 1-866-389-2727 para encontrar la más cercana. Las citas no son gratis. Si tiene, puede usar su seguro.
Su médico primario también es una fuente para usar en este momento. Tenga en cuenta que las citas por enfermedad son actualmente la prioridad.
Otras opciones incluyen:
Condado de Dallas:
La oficina de Grand Prairie (Densman) está cerrada durante la orden de quedarse en casa
La oficina principal (Stemmons) está actualmente abierta los lunes, miércoles y viernes con cita 214-819-2163
Jefferson Health Clinic está abierta los martes y jueves con cita 214-948-0425
Condado de Tarrant:
Randol Mill Rd en Arlington está abierta de lunes a viernes de 8 a 5 (12 a 1 cerrado para el almuerzo) y no se requieren citas 214-948-0425.
Irving Branch Immunization Clinic (Nursery Rd.) está actualmente abierta los martes y jueves con cita 214-673-0922