Now more than ever, attendance, participation and staying engaged are critical for your student’s success at school. Your Skyward Family Access account is a convenient way to view and track your student’s attendance. Click here to navigate to Skyward Family Access (https://www.gpisd.org/skyward) If you need assistance with setting up your Skyward Family Access account, please contact your child’s school. Education Code 25.087 requires school districts to notify a student’s parent if the student has unexcused absences for three days or parts of days within a four-week period. Thus, Attendance Warning Letters will be sent to the email address and mailed to the physical address on file in Skyward.
To assist with attendance, parents should:
- Monitor the student’s school attendance and require the student to attend school;
- Request a conference with the school officials to discuss the absences;
- Provide updated accurate address and contact information;
- Monitor student attendance through Skyward Family Access;
- Submit an excuse note to the attendance office for all unexcused absences.
Attendance tips for Parents
- Praise your child when they exhibit good attendance and promptness.
- Extended vacations, long weekends, and frequent doctor appointments scheduled during school hours may cause your child to fall behind in class.
- Follow the proper school guidelines for reporting Excused absences in a timely manner.
- Allow your child to stay home only when he/she has a contagious illness or is too sick to be comfortable.
- Give your child enough time to get ready for school in the morning. Prepare lunches, pack school bags, and lay out clothing the night before.
- Monitor your child’s attendance through GPISD Skyward Family Access.
Parenting on the Go Workshop Series
Every Day Counts / Todo Los Dias Cuentan
FREQUENTLY ASKED ATTENDANCE QUESTIONS
What do I do if my child has to be absent from school?
What types of absences may be excused?
What is the school/district’s responsibility regarding school attendance?
What should I do if I received a Warning Letter regarding my student’s attendance?
What if there is an error with my students Attendance?
What is the parent/guardian’s responsibility?
What are the laws governing school attendance?