FREE Immunizations and Health Screenings for GPISD Kindergarten Students
Students will have a chance to receive FREE IMMUNIZATIONS if needed. Dentists, nurses, and assistants will also be on site to perform vision, hearing, and dental screenings. Health related vendors will be present for vision failure follow ups and glasses, and dental information will be distributed for those needing dental follow ups. There will also be information distributed regarding WIC, Parkland Community Clinic and more. This event is by appointment only. To make an appointment, please register below.
Date: Thursday, July 29
Time: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Location: SGPHS Alexander Building (Parking in front of SGPH), 305 E. Warrior Trail Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Immunization and Health Screening Overview
- Vision, Hearing, Dental and AN Student Health Screenings will be Performed (vendors on site to provide free services for students requiring vision/hearing referral)
- Dental resources will also be provided
- Immunizations will be given onsite
- UNINSURED No charge
- A printed current vaccine record or letter from school listing missing vaccines is required. A paper photo copy of the insurance card and driver’s license MUST be provided to receive vaccines at no charge.
- Every family member must wear a mask and practice social distancing
- NOTE: All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
Contact GPISD Health Services at 972-237-4013
Dallas Care Van® Program
For eligible children
2 months thru 18 years of age
Child may be eligible for free immunizations from the Caring Foundation’s Care Van if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Child does NOT have health insurance
- Child enrolled in Medicaid
- Child’s health insurance plan does not cover vaccines (underinsured)
- An American Indian or Alaska Native
NOTE: All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
Please bring child’s complete immunization records - required for this free service.
Call 972-237-4013 for an appointment
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
4:00pm - 6:00pm
Family Service Center, 2341 S. Belt Line Rd., Grand Prairie, Tx. 75051
For more information, visit www.carevan.org
Passport Health/Staying Healthy Medical Services will be conducting a vaccination clinic to get your students up to date for the school year.
August 26, 2021 – 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Grand Prairie ISD Family Service Center, 2341 S. Belt Line Rd., Grand Prairie 75051
Must have an appointment! Call Norma Gonzalez at 972-237-4013 to make an appointment.
A printed current vaccine record or note from school stating missing vaccines is required. (Electronic proof cannot be accepted. A paper copy must be provided.) Parent/guardian must be present.
Only students attending the school district that is hosting the clinic, age 3-18, can be seen. This should not replace any well child checkups at the pediatrician. Older children who resist shots and children with special needs cannot be seen given the nature of this clinic. Please refer to your pediatrician.
This clinic is being offered as a community service event and should not replace a visit to your pediatrician. Staff and supplies are limited so the clinic may be discontinued if supplies or time runs out. We cannot guarantee that everyone will be seen.
We accept the following forms of payment:
Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana & United Health Care PPO plans will be accepted.
- **WE CANNOT ACCEPT AETNA & BLUE CROSS GOLD, SILVER, OR BRONZE PLANS OR HMO PLANS WITH ANY INSURANCE COMPANY.**
- A paper photo copy of insurance card and driver’s license MUST be provided to receive vaccines at no charge. Electronic copies cannot be accepted.
- No charge for vaccines. Must provide a paper photo copy of card.
- No charge – fees will be paid by GPISD
Vaccines available: Chicken Pox, DtaP, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HIB, HPV, Meningococcal, MMR, Polio, Pneumonia and TDaP
Immunizations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The requirements for immunizations have NOT been waived, nor have they changed over the past few months. Students are still required to be up to date on their immunizations in order to attend school. If you are unsure of the immunizations your child may need, please contact your campus nurse or doctor’s office.