Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)
STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education. We focus on these areas together not only because the skills and knowledge in each discipline are essential for student success, but also because these fields are deeply intertwined in the real world and in how students learn most effectively. STEM is an interdisciplinary and applied approach that is coupled with hands-on, problem-based learning.
Ways for Community Members to Get Involved at GPCI
- Work with STEM curriculum.
- Procurement of STEM materials and equipment from business and community partners as well as bringing in experts to recommend changes or additions to the STEM curriculum content.
- Involve your STEM business and industry contacts to bring their expertise to the school through presentations, career events or classroom visits.
- Become involved in obtaining sites for student internships.
- Become involved in STEM school events such as robotics competitions, SkillsUSA, and UIL Competitions.