Bus Route Locator
2021-2022 bus routes will be available August 2, 2021.
Please make sure your child is at the stop 5 minutes before the scheduled pick up. Please be aware that there could be some delays on the first day of school.
Make sure your child’s campus has attached Transportation to the student ID as they will need this to ride the bus.
Please visit our webpage for information on the Parent Portal for the SMART tag. You can receive notification of when the bus will arrive for pick up and when they will be dropped off.
Rules and Guidelines
- Listen and follow driver instructions.
- Sit properly with your hands and feet to yourself. Keep belongings in your lap.
- Talk quietly and use courteous language.
- No eating or drinking allowed.
- KEEP YOUR BUS CLEAN - USE THE TRASH CAN!
- DRIVERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO ASSIGN SEATS.
How to Cross the Road Safely
CROSS THE ROAD SAFELY WHEN BOARDING YOUR BUS
Follow the 10-foot rule:
- STAY on your side of the road, far away from the traffic.
- WAIT for the bus to stop and for your driver’s signal to cross;
- CHECK traffic both ways, then check again;
- CROSS by walking directly across in front of the bus, checking traffic both ways; and
- WALK approximately 10 feet ahead of the bumper, and board the bus quickly.
CROSS THE ROAD SAFELY WHEN LEAVING THE BUS
- WALK along the side of the bus 10 feet ahead until you can see the driver.
- STOP and wait for the signal to cross.
- WALK/LOOK for traffic in both directions, crossing the road quickly after all vehicles have stopped.
Student Safety is Everyone's Responsibility
A team effort is required by transportation and campus personnel as well as parents and students to ensure that each child travels to and from school safely each day. The following questions and answers may assist parents and students in understanding their role in helping transportation and campus personnel accomplish this goal:
What behavior is expected of a student while riding the school bus?
All students are expected to follow the bus safety rules including swiping their assigned student I.D. when entering/exiting the bus for their own safety and safety of others.
How will safety infractions be handled?
- The bus driver will discuss the safety infraction with the student.
- The driver may elect to report the safety infraction to the campus, using a Bus Safety Notice.
- The campus makes the decision of what disciplinary action will be taken in accordance with the district's Student Code of Conduct.
What are the parent's responsibilities?
- Parents or guardians shall be responsible and accountable for the conduct and safety of their children at all times prior to the arrival and after the departure of the school bus at the assigned school bus stop.
- Have your child at the bus stop five-ten minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- If possible, teach your child their full name, home address, and telephone number where an adult family member may be contacted in an emergency.
- Review the School Bus Safety Rules with your child.
- Remind students to watch for siblings at bus loading or unloading times, and encourage them to notify the bus driver of any concerns of a sibling not loading the bus, or getting off at the appropriate stop.
What is the parent's responsibility at drop-off time?
- In the event you are unable to be home when your child arrives, arrange an alternate plan with your child: where to go, a hidden key, talk to a neighbor, etc. Careful planning for the unexpected can greatly reduce your child's anxieties!
- If possible, be at the bus stop five minutes before the bus is scheduled to drop off your elementary-aged child(ren).
- A parent or assigned adult is required to be at the bus stop mid-day to receive their morning class, pre-kindergarten student. To avoid missing your student, please be at the bus stop five-ten minutes before the bus is scheduled to drop off.
What if my child needs to get off at a stop other than their regularly assigned stop?
- Students are only allowed to ride their assigned bus to and from their assigned bus stop to minimize the potential of a hazardous situation.
- Any temporary change in bus assignments can only be made on an emergency basis if a request is submitted by the parent in writing (by note or FAX) and approved by the school personnel or designee. Requests to locations related to student after-school activities cannot be approved. Requests should be submitted at least 30 minutes prior to the end of the school day to ensure sufficient time for communication of the change to appropriate parties.