It is imperative that education, business, industry, and community members communicate in order that Career and Technical Education can perform the function for which it was designed. The Advisory Board is the vehicle by which the District develops this communication.
The goals of the board are to:
- Advise the District in both long and short-range planning for Career and Technical Education programs.
- Advise the District of current job needs and of the relevance of Career and Technical Education programs and courses offered by the District.
- Provide a forum for recommending equipment and training so that Career and Technical Education can adequately meet its goals.
- To encourage students to continue their education and preparation for a career beyond the high school level by providing scholarships for outstanding students.
- Enhance political and community support of vocational education
Serve on the Advisory Board
Use your industry expertise to enhance Career & Technical Education (CTE) in Grand Prairie ISD by serving on our advisory board. The advisory board consists of business partners who review program offerings and advocate for CTE. If interested, please contact Aniska Douglas, Executive Director of CTE, at 972-237-5421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advisory Board Executive Officers
- Asia Times Square & Hong Kong Market Place
- Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Janelle B. Bicknell & Associates
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- President of Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Texas Trust Credit Union
- Michelle Madden
- Lynn McGinley
- Kent Andersen
- Dr. Janelle Bicknell
- Gaylia Campbell
- Tyra Garcia
- Andre Jones
- Matthew Loh
- Matt Shem