• Before a new vendor request is submitted by an individual campus or department, please perform a search through Skyward to determine if a particular vendor is on a current contract and is listed on GPISD‘s approved vendor list on our Purchasing webpage. If the vendor is not on the vendor list on the Purchasing Webpage nor in Skyward, the campus should contact the purchasing department with a valid email address for purchasing to send an RFP invitation from the Ionwave electronic procurement system.  The vendor will need to reigster as a vendor first and then reenter the program to complete and submit the applicable RFP documents.

    Ionwave Bid System

     If a conferences or workshop is not accessible in Skyward, please request a W-9 from the vendor to forward to the Purchasing Deptartment along with any other vital information for the vendor setup in Skyward. 


  • To provide reimbursement to employees for reasonable, allowable expenses incurred while attending authorized District activities that have prior approval of the employee’s immediate supervisor.

    Beginning with the 2014-15 school year, the District implemented a Travel Card program in which staff members will be issued a declining balance credit card (travel card) for all travel expenses.  The purpose of the Travel Card program is to establish a more efficient cost-effective method of disbursing travel funds to employees.  Rather than issuing a check to a hotel and an ACH/Direct Deposit to the traveler for their meals, we will assign a travel card to the traveler for the estimated travel expenses.  The travel card can be used with any travel-related merchant that accepts VISA as a form of payment.  The travel-related merchants that have been pre-approved include:  hotels, restaurants, taxi/shuttle services, and airlines.  The travel card may also be used to pay registration.

    If used to its potential, the Travel Card program will result in a significant reduction in the volume of checks and ACH transactions, as well as give the district an opportunity for increased revenue through the bank’s revenue sharing/rebate credit card program.
    Car Rental Request - email Phyllis Brower or call 972-237-5516.
    *NOTICE:  Effective January 1 each year- check Travel Manual for new gas reimbursement rates per mile*

    EDGAR Training Power Point Presentation

Conflict of Interest Statements

  • (Legal)  (Local)

    HB 914 is a new law that requires all local governments including school districts to have their officers file conflict of interest disclosure statements about gifts received from or business relationships with any vendor that is currently doing business or soliciting business with the school district.

    Gifts received from vendors are cumulative over a 12-month period and are reported if they exceed $250 for an officer and their family members. The Texas Ethics Commission indicates on its Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement (form CIS), offers of gifts exceeding $100 are reported even if they are not taken. Business relationships include any business in which a district official or family member has employment, an interest or ownership.

    Vendors must disclose their business and/or family relationship relationships with a school official that might cause a conflict of interest at the time they begin contract negotiations or are solicited for bids or proposals.  Definition of a school official: Board Trustee, Superintendent, or an agent of school district who exercises discretion in the planning, recommending, selecting, or contracting of vendor.  This is for business relationships in the first degree by affinity or consanguinity and family relationships in the third degree by consanguinity or the 2nd degree of affinity.  Vendors have 7 business days to file Ethics Commission's Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (form CIQ) or face the possibility of a Class C Misdemeanor. Vendors can file a form CIQ annually by September 1 of each year and need only update it by the seventh business day following an event where the person owns at least: 1)10% of the voting stock or shares of business entity; 2) either 10% or $15,000 of the fair market value of the business entity; OR funds received by the person from the business entity exceeds 10% of the person's gross income for the precious year; OR if the person's interest in the real property is an equitable or legal ownership with a fair market value of $250 or more.