Fine Arts Secondary Schools
Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy | 6-12GPFAA is a nontraditional secondary campus intentionally focused on creating a unique school experience for the artistically and academically talented student.
How to know Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy is right for your child:
- You want your child to be challenged and pushed to the limit through advanced academic and advanced fine arts curriculum.
- You seek a unique non-traditional setting for your child that allows creativity and self-expression.
- You want your child to work side by side with teachers, directors, and students in a family-centered environment.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Being totally immersed in your fine art field by receiving additional training from professional guest artists, traveling within the state, nationally, and internationally for competitions/trainings/performances, and exploring options past graduation
- Graduate with college credits through Advanced Placement exams and dual-credit courses
- Experience your fine arts in every possible avenue as it is integrated into your academic courses as well
Fine Arts in Traditional and Other Schools of Choice Campuses
Just as art and music are part of the curriculum at the Elementary level, students are offered an even wider array of fine arts at the District's secondary schools. Middle and high school course offerings include art, ballet folklorico, band choir, dance, mariachi, orchestra and theatre arts. Please check with individual campuses for specific offerings.