Advanced English Language Arts & AP English Suggested Summer Reading
2022-2023 Secondary English Language Arts Suggested Summer Reading
Reading expands your world!
Students are more likely to experience success in ELA class when they maintain their reading skills during the summer.
For this reason, GPISD has put together a suggested Summer Reading book list for students to choose from. We recommend all students should set a reading goal for the summer.
We suggest that students strive to:
- Read every day
- Choose books that they find interesting
- Talk about the books they read
Choose something you want to read. The titles on these lists encompass a variety of content, so it is the responsibility of the student and parent to make an appropriate selection.
To help pick your books, you can:
- read reviews and a synopsis at http://www.goodreads.com
- read reviews by parents and students at https://www.commonsensemedia.org
- do a web search for the Scholastic summary
Not every website will have every title listed, so ask family, friends, neighbors, or teachers for their recommendations. Locate books through SORA or at your Grand Prairie Public Library.