The mission of the Grand Prairie ISD Social Studies Program is to facilitate the development of a rigorous and relevant Social Studies Program taught with fidelity and continuity to prepare GPISD students to be informed critical thinkers and responsible American citizens in a global society.
- To improve student academic performance and prepare students for college, career, and military readiness
- To coordinate quality staff development sessions that promote best instructional practices, including thinking like a historian, geographer, economist, etc.
- To provide teachers with a relevant and concise vertically and horizontally aligned curriculum that is aligned to state standards
- To provide students and teachers with high quality aligned instructional materials and supplies
- To foster a curiosity and love of social studies and life-long learning in our student
- To prepare students to think critically with the knowledge and skills to adapt to changes in society over time
- To create socially, politically, fiscally, and environmentally responsible and informed citizens for the future of our country