School Social Work at Dubiski
What can a social worker help with?
School social workers are often called on to help students, families, and teachers for:
- Consultation and/or counseling with students, families, or staff on school or personal issues
- Crisis intervention (at the district and campus level)
- Bio-psychosocial assessment
- Mental health concerns
- Behavioral management and intervention concerns
- Family needs resources
- Case management
- Participation in the RTI process
School social workers have knowledge of resources in the community to serve families in many of the previously mentioned situations.
The following services are provided to families during the case management process:
- Connect families to existing community resources for mental health services
- Educate families about child's performance at school
- Educate parents about how they can help their child in school
- Assist families in obtaining needed food, hygiene supplies, clothing, and school supplies
- Assist families in brokering school systems including lunch application assistance, school enrollment, etc.
Social workers are also trained in assisting and identifying students and families qualifying for homeless services under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act.
Resources - These organizations and their activities are not related to or sponsored by the Grand Prairie Independent School District.
School Social Work
Social Work Hub
Students and families experiencing economic challenges and need assistance may contact the Social Work Hub at 972-522-7070 or visit the Social Work Hub located at Johnson DAEP: 650 Stonewall Drive, Grand Prairie, TX 75052. The Social Work Hub is open Monday-Thursday 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M (telephone and virtual assistance)
About School Social Work
School social workers provide unique services to children, youth and their families to help them attain maximum benefit from their school program.
They are also trained in assisting and identifying students and families qualifying for homeless services under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act. More information is available on the Connections Program page.
School Social Work Team
Adams Middle School
Dubiski Career High School
Fannin Middle School
Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy
Grand Prairie High School
Jackson Middle School
South Grand Prairie High School
Truman Middle School
Young Men's Leadership Academy
Young Women's Leadership Academy