DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
The DECA Creed
- I believe in the future which I am planning for myself in the field of marketing and management and in the opportunities which my vocation offers.
- I believe in fulfilling the highest measure of service to my vocation, my fellow beings, my country and my God – that by so doing, I will be rewarded with personal satisfaction and material wealth.
- I believe in the democratic philosophies of private enterprise and competition and in the freedoms of this nation—that these philosophies allow for the fullest development of my individual abilities.
- I believe that by doing my best to live according to these high principles, I will be of greater service both to myself and to mankind.
Opportunities in DECA
- DECA students have the opportunity to travel to professional conferences and compete in competitive events (Region, State, and National levels). This year’s International Career Development Conference will be held in Nashville, Tennessee.
- DECA students have the opportunity to develop social intelligence through various social and recreational activities.
- DECA students have the opportunity to develop civic consciousness in support of community projects.
- DECA students are given training in leadership development at the Fall Leadership Conference.