Staff Device Return
Device Return - End of Year 2022-2023
Important!! *Any Staff Member returning to GPISD for next school year (Fall 2023) will keep his/her devices*
- Visit this https://www.gpisd.org/Domain/16026, to submit a Request for Separation from Service form. If you have already completed the form, please do not resubmit.
- Please contact HR at HumanCapital@gpisd.org if you have not received a confirmation email or if you have any questions regarding this form.
- After you have submitted your Request for Separation from Service Form, you will receive an email, which will include a link to schedule your device return appointment.
Device Return Appointment
- You will be given an option to schedule an appointment or the mail in option.
- You will immediately receive a confirmation e-mail after scheduling your preferred date & time.
- Please remember to arrive promptly for your scheduled appointment. This will ensure your device return process is smooth and quick.
- Be sure to sign-out of your Apple ID on both devices prior to your appointment. Due to tight scheduling constraints, nonscheduled appointments cannot be accommodated.
There is also the option to mail-in your devices as an alternative to returning them. However, it will be the (retired/resigned) staff member’s responsibility to ensure that the district issued devices are returned in both a considerate and responsible manner, no later than June 30th. Please state your employee number on the shipping label, also include your name, cell number, employee number & campus inside the package. The mail-in address and procedures will be stated after selecting the mail-in option.
Gentry Long Service Center
Attn: Technology Help Desk (employee #)
514 Skyline Road
Grand Prairie, TX 75051
*Any staff member returning to GPISD will keep his/her devices*
What you are responsible for returning at your appointment/mail-in:
Please retrieve any items that you left on campus before your appointment. Once you are in the Device Return line, you cannot leave and return.
- Mac with power adapter - (please back-up any desired data, before appt.)
- iPad with charger & case- (please back-up any desired data, sign-out of iTunes & iCloud, and if set-up, remove the passcode before appt.)
- Dongle (Please do not give your dongle to your campus IMS/IMA)
If you need assistance with backing-up your data on your laptop/iPad, or if you need help signing out of iTunes and iCloud, and removing the passcode on your iPad, please submit a work order here: https://helpdesk.gpisd.org
Items will be subject to inspection for damage. Repair costs and failure to return devices will be deducted from employee’s paycheck, if necessary.
Please review cost breakdown below:
11” MacBook Air $1,132.00 11” MacBook Air 45w Charger $79.00 MacBook M1 Replacement $948.66 MacBook Power Adapter and USB C cable $52.00 MacBook USB C cable $17.00 MacBook AC Power Adaptor $35.00 iPad 6th Gen $299.00 iPad Power Adapter & Lightning Cable $35.00 iPad Lightning Cable $17.50 iPad Power AC Power Adaptor $17.50 iPad Targus Case $27.00 iPad 9th Gen $351.66 iPad 20W USB C power adapter and Cable $35.00 iPad USB C to Lightning Cable $17.50 iPad 20W USB C power adapter $17.50 STM DUX Plus Case duo $34.95 VGA Dongle $27.00 Multiple Adapter Dongle $65.00
Screen Repair $99.99 Screen Repair w/Display Assembly Camera $219.99 Logic Board $229.99 Track Pad $49.99 Camera $129.99 Charging Port $59.99 Internal Speakers $29.99 SSD Hard Drive $89.99 Missing Keys $29.99 Battery $79.99 Fan $29.99 Keyboard $69.99
Digitizer W/Home Button $69.99 LCD & Digitizer W/Home Button $99.99 Battery $22.99 Charging Port $49.99 Main and Rear Cameras $29.99 Power Flex Cable $29.99 Home Button Flex $29.99 Replace Speakers $29.99 Ear Jack Headphone Plug $29.99 LCD Connector $49.99 Antennas $9.99
Also, any missing accessories can be purchased at your local electronics store or online before your appointment but must be OEM Apple-branded products. Third party brands will not be accepted. See the Model number below:
- Mac Power Adapter (30W) MY1W2AM/A
- Apple USB-C Charge Cable (2 m) MLL82AM/A
- iPad 20W USB-C Power Adapter- MHJA3AM/A
- USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m)- MM0A3AM/A
- Targus iPad Case - THD513GL- Asphalt
- StarTech USB C 10 Gbps Multiport Adapter- DKT31CHVL
If you have any questions, please contact the Helpdesk via e-mail at email@example.com (please include your employee number) or phone at 972.237.5413.
Device Return Location
GPISD - Helpdesk
Device Return End Of Year FAQ's
What Am I Responsible for Returning?
How can I cancel or reschedule my appointment?
Can I mail-in my devices & accessories?
I am not returning to GPISD. Am I required to return my device?
Can my team lead drop off all of our groups devices?
Can I return my device before the drop off dates?
I've lost/damaged my device.
Can I allow someone to repair my damaged device?
Will I be charged if I decorated my devices with stickers or decals?
How do I backup my pictures from my iPad?
How do I find my purchased apps?
Do I need to sign out of iTunes and iCloud?
Can I leave my device over the summer in my classroom?
I disagree with what I am being charged for. Whom should I contact to escalate my concerns?
What if I only want to turn in one of my devices?
I have my personal software on my laptop. How do I reinstall it on another device?
I purchased my own cables/case, can I keep them?
I lost my adapter and purchased a replacement, can I turn the new one in to avoid charges?
Can I turn in my badge if I am not returning at the time I return my device(s)?