Welcome to the Grand Prairie Early College High School Counseling page! Please feel free to browse the following links for helpful information.
Say Hello to XELLO!
Xello is an engaging, fun-to-use software that students can access online, at school or at home. Students can even access Xello from their mobile devices. Using Xello, students plan their journeys toward the future by creating their very own unique roadmap for future success. The program is implemented through the GPISD Counseling Services Department at every elementary and secondary campus. The mission of the Counseling Service Department is to guide students from cradle to career, making every student future-ready!
TEA Graduation Toolkit (English & Spanish):
The 2019 Graduation Toolkit provides details about the Foundation High School Program, benefits and explanation of the Distinguished Level of achievement option, endorsement choices, checklists and resources.
Fundamentally, being college and career ready is having the knowledge and skills, habits of thinking, and preparation necessary to successfully complete the first year of college without the need for remedial or developmental education or to be able to enter the workforce ready to handle the demands of the job successfully.
Counseling Services offers the following Programs at all GPISD campuses:
GPISD Virtual Counseling Services & Supports
Coffee with a Counselor
GPISD Social Work Hub presents bilingual (English, Spanish and Vietnamese) Parenting Series. This support group is to help parents who are dealing with stressful and difficult life events. Learn coping skills to deal with stressful situations in life.
Day: Every Wednesday starting January 27 - February 24, 2021
Time: Wednesdays from 9 - 10 am
Must register in advance for this event Zoom Registration
Please call 972-522-7070 for more information We are looking forward to meeting you!
The topics that will be covered are:
- Mindfulness practices with stress
- The Art of Listening
- Building Communication with your Child:
- Honesty, Integrity, Respect
- Love Languages; fall in love again
- Embracing Limits and Consequences
- Positive Parenting
GPISD Counselors and Social Workers are here for you. Here are the virtual counseling services we provide:
- Virtual Individual/Crisis Counseling
- Virtual Small Group Counseling
- Weekly Social Emotional Learning Lessons through Google Classroom & Canvas
- Virtual Safe Spaces that foster discussion & connection
- Resources for food, clothing, and other supports
How to Find Us
Please contact your campus Counselor or Social Worker by going to the Counseling Services page on your school’s website. You will click on "Our School" on the top menu, then "Counseling Services."
Social Work Hub & Additional Resources
If families are in need of clothing, food, or other financial assistance, please contact the GPISD Social Work Hub at 972.522.7070 or visit our website.
Visit the GPISD Counseling Services Social Emotional Learning Toolkit for additional information to assist with coping with stress, anxiety, and finding social emotional learning activities for students.
In addition to the continuing counseling services provided by campus counselors and social workers, Grand Prairie ISD is offering an opportunity for students in 6th through 12th grades to receive virtual counseling services with a trained licensed professional counselor before and after school hours and weekends through DialCare. Counseling is available through the app or on the phone, visit our website for more information.
Online Learning Resources
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)Lessons will be provided by campus counselors/social workers. Please visit your campus counseling services webpage to access their Google Classroom or Canvas lessons.
- More SEL activities are available in Xello – K-12 & Second Step SEL Lessons for grades K-8
College & Career Readiness Lessons
- Xello – K-12
- Texas OnCourse: Secondary
- College Board: Big Future https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/