GPISD Counseling Services Department is focused on facilitating social emotional and academic growth in your child's school. We also are committed to providing parents with resources to help their child succeed in and out of the school setting.
Cloud 9 World Parent Portal
GPISD Counselors teach different character traits each month through Cloud 9 World. Learn about this program and to follow along with your child at home.
GPISD Parent Username: grandprairie-parent
GPISD Parent Password: c9wparent
Helping Your Child Be Successful at School:
- Helping Your Child Be Successful At School
- Helping Your Child Deal With Separation Anxiety
- Tips For Successful Parent Teacher Conferences
- How to Monitor Your Student's School Grades
- Information to Help You Stay Aware of Your Child's Graduation Requirements
Parenting and Discipline:
- Setting Healthy Limits
- Healthy Communication With Your Adolescents
- Keeping Your Child Safe
- Resources to Teach Your Child about Stranger Danger and Personal Safety
Additional Sites with Parenting Tips:
- Scream Free Parenting
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Discipline Guidelines
- Love and Logic Parent Resources
- School Readiness Zero to Three
Helping Your Child Learn about Cyber Safety:
- Young Children
- See Something, Say Something! Report threats made on social media and more tips for parents.
School counselors see students in class settings to teach guidance and promote healthy character development, in small groups based upon identified need, and sometimes individually. When a school counselor meets with a student individually, it is typically short term and focused on creating a positive change in the school setting. If a parent is seeking therapy for his/her child, a list of outside community referrals is always available. The list below has been compiled for your information. However, GPISD does not endorse any one individual or agency over another. These therapists and agencies are not affiliated with GPISD, nor are they personally recommended. You may want to contact your insurance company for a list of referrals.
Additional Sites to Assist with Grief and Loss: