Vocal Music Audition Information
We are excited that you are interested in auditioning for the Vocal Music Strand! We can’t wait to hear your audition! Since all auditions will be done through Video Submissions and, if needed, a Virtual Call- Back audition. We wanted to give you some tips so that you can create your best video audition!GPFAA Vocal Music Auditions
AUDITION VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
There are THREE separate recorded VIDEOS and a CURRENT HEADSHOT to submit.
1. SOLO SONG: see options below.
2. RHYTHM CHANT (6th-8th Grade) OR SIGHT READING (9th-12th Grade)
3. INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
4. CURRENT HEADSHOT1. SOLO SONG: Choose ONE of the following options for your SOLO SONG video: (YouTube Video Submission)OPTION A: "My Country ‘Tis of Thee"
a. At the beginning of the video please state your name, phone number, email address, grade you will be entering next year, and the piece and key in which you will be singing (high/med/low).
b. Sing verse one of “My Country Tis of Thee” in one of the three keys that is most comfortable for you. Key options include: High - A Major; Medium - Eb Major; Low - C Major.
c. When submitting, use the provided mp3 accompaniment, click https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d8uYxRdOd73ZE0blQrwXdN91MyOJWneG
- Each accompaniment track includes a short musical introduction before the song begins.
d. This does not need to be memorized.OPTION B: Prepared Song With Accompaniment
a. At the beginning of the video please state your name, phone number, email address, grade you will be entering next year, and the piece you will be singing.
b. Classical or musical theatre songs are highly encouraged. Using a recorded accompaniment of your own is recommended. You might choose a piece you are working on with your private voice teacher or a piece you sang in a Solo & Ensemble contest.
c. Pop songs and/or contemporary songs will be accepted but NOT advised for this audition.
This may be in any language and does not need to be memorized.2. RHYTHM CHANT (6th-8th Grade) OR SIGHT READING (9th-12th Grade) (YouTube Video Submission)a. Rhythm Chant (6th-8th Grade) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1plut-7wljVyJD2PLM0l7TvxJGxqCeLsP
b. Sight Reading (9th-12th Grade) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QJAST5apuRs_UI8lG29pRfKo9ggBFRJU
c. Instructions on the expectations for this section will appear in the links above in a folder called "Instructions".3. INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (YouTube Video Submission)a. Video yourself answering the two questions. Submit this video on the "Interview Questions" section.
b. Please submit your most professional video.4. CURRENT HEADSHOT (image upload in Official Submission Form)Submit your current headshot in the section called "Current Headshot."------------------------------------------------------Before uploading, video files should be TITLED with:-your name
-grade you will be entering next yearAfter your audition has been submitted, the audition panel will view the submitted material and conduct call-back auditions as needed.
If you encounter any problems or have questions, please contact Mr. Joel Duarte at firstname.lastname@example.orgVIDEO AUDITION TIPS
- Dress to impress!
- Test your sound and video. Can you be heard clearly? Is the audio distorted? Maybe you're too close or too far from the microphone. Adjust and test again.
- If you do not have a mic, make sure your recording device is close enough to get clear, clean audio. Please use a high-quality recording device such as a camera, MAC, PC, iPhone, or an Android Galaxy Smartphone.
- Please record against a clean and clear background.
- Be sure to record your performance video in a place with minimal sounds and distractions (e.g., unexpected sounds like a dog barking, baby crying, or loud neighbors). We don’t need any visual effects, props, or anything that would distract from your performance.
- Make sure you frame the camera shot, so we have a full view of your performance. Don’t cut off your head, put the camera too close, or on the floor with a view up your nose. Make sure the camera is in focus.
- Make sure you are well-lit, especially on your face (lamps or natural light work best). Make sure the light is in front of you. DO NOT HAVE LIGHTING BEHIND YOU.
- Most Important! Be yourself! Each artist is unique and has their own style, let that shine through in your video submission.
- Remember to have fun! Show us your personality and energy. We want to see you PERFORM!
If you encounter any problems or have questions, please contact Mr. Joel Duarte at email@example.com.