Resources for Candidates
The candidate information provided here is not intended to be a legal statement of the legal qualifications for an office or the regulations of governing political campaigns. If you have any questions, please call the Secretary of State’s office at 800-252-8683 or visit the Secretary of State's website.
Grand Prairie ISD Candidate Information
The three forms that must be submitted to complete your Application to run for a position on the school board are: 1) the Application for a Place on the Ballot; 2) Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer; and 3) the Code of Fair Campaign Practices. Links to these forms are provided below.
Texas Secretary of State Office Information and Links
Texas Ethics Commission Information and Links
- Texas Ethics Commission 2018 Filing Schedule for Campaign Finance Reports
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer
- Amendment: Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
- Political Advertising
- Campaign Finance Forms and Guide
- Correction Affidavit for Candidate/Officeholder
- Candidate/Officeholder Report of Unexpended Contributions
- Corrected Candidate/Officeholder - Unexpended Contributions
- Title 15, Election Code Regulating Political Funds and Campaigns
- Texas Ethics Commission Rules
Grand Prairie ISD
- GPISD School Board of Trustee Election Calendar (PDF)
- Board Policies Regarding Board Members
Texas Association of School Boards (TASB)
- Serving on a Board: An Insider’s Guide to Board Service for School Board Candidates: A recorded video Webcast, designed especially for people considering a run for the school board, provides perspectives from experienced board members on what it is like to be on a board.
- Ethical Campaigning
- Code of Ethics for Schools Board Members