State of Texas Assessments of Acadamic Readiness/End of Course
General STAAR/EOC Information
The STAAR program for grades 3-8 assesses students in reading, mathematics, writing, science, and social studies. Students taking certain high school courses are assessed through STAAR end-of-course (EOC) exams in Algebra I, Biology, English I, English II, and U.S. History.
High School - STAAR End-of-Course (EOC)
- US History
- English I
- English II
Scores on STAAR assessments are used to determine levels of performance as follows:
- Masters: Masters Grade Level - Shows mastery of the course content -- student is on track for college and career readiness.
- Meets: Meets Grade Level - Shows strong knowledge of course content -- student is prepared to progress to the next grade.
- Approaches:Approaches Grade Level - Shows some knowledge of course content but may be missing critical elements -- student may need additional support in the upcoming year.
- Did Not Meet: Did Not Meet Grade Level - Shows a lack of basic understanding of course content -- student needs significant support in the coming year.
A four-hour time limit is in place for STAAR assessments for grades 3-8 as well as EOC exams in Algebra I, Biology, and U.S. History. Students will be allowed five hours to complete EOCs in English I and English II. Extended time accommodations are available for certain students with unique learning needs.
Gale Database: Testing and Education Resource Center:
- FREE online practice tests for all EOC areas
- Additional helpful articles
Username/Password information can be found at the top of the Library Resources and Online Research page on the Dubiski website.