Start your Career Today
Dallas College Work Ready U Program:
WorkReadyU offers a no-cost adult education program that teaches you the skills needed for college or career success.
For more information fill out our interest form to be contacted with next steps and to attend a mandatory orientation.
For English speakers:
Say Yes To Jobs: https://sayyestodallas.com/jobs/
Workforce Solutions Dallas: https://www.wfsdallas.com/
Work In Texas: https://www.workintexas.com/vosnet/Default.aspx
Having a strong resume is crucial to landing a job interview. Do these 6 things to your resume before submitting it to hiring managers.
Check out the 6 resume tips video here: https://youtu.be/cNy6noOntds
- Review your contact information: Make sure your contact information is correct and up-to-date. You can’t hear back from hiring managers if you have an outdated phone number on your resume or a typo in your email address.
- Use a professional email address: It’s okay to have a fun and playful email address for keeping in touch with close friends and family, but if you are serious about getting a job, using a professional email address on your resume is a must. If you don’t have one already, create a new email specifically for your job search. Standard professional email addresses are [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Keep it short and simple: A one-page resume is all you need, especially if you do not have previous work experience. Don’t try to fill your resume with unnecessary information like “references available upon request” or list hobbies that don’t relate to the job you are applying for.
- Customize it: Don't send the exact same resume for every position you apply for. Increase your chances at getting an interview by customizing your resume for each position you apply for.
- Use keywords: But not too many. While it’s important to add a few keywords from the job posting to your resume, don’t overdo it. Check out this article to learn the best way to use keywords on your resume.
Developing a professional image
A professional image is a part of who you are, it is always with you. Being a professional in all situations can really set you apart from others in the working world. In this module, you will learn about the key factors to a professional image and how they can be applied in the workplace. Start the training.
Developing a professional image: https://youtu.be/9HdMKIbjkqQ