Roadmap to Reopening
Elementary Online Virtual Learning Videos
Secondary Online Virtual Learning Videos
As of July 20, 2020, GPISD will offer 100% virtual instruction beginning the first day of school on August 17, 2020. The start of in-person instruction is now scheduled to begin September 8, 2020 based on an order that was issued last week from Dallas County Health and Human Services.
While we are looking forward to our students and staff returning to school in our buildings, safety is our number one priority. We appreciate the clear guidance and direction our local health officials are providing to maximize safety for students, staff, parents, and our community at large.
New Student Online Enrollment and Returning Student Online Registration for 2020-2021 is now open. Even though we’re starting the year 100% virtual, parents still have the opportunity to choose the type of instruction you feel is best for your child(ren) whether it’s online virtual school or in-person classes, once we resume face to face teaching. If you need to change your selection, you may do so through July 31, 2020 by calling the main office of your child’s school.
Families that need support for registration may call their individual campus from 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday.
After-hours support is available Monday through Thursday from 4:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M. by calling 972-623-9000 for support over the phone or to make an appointment for in-person assistance at the GPISD Family Service Center. We will also offer the opportunity for families to receive support with registration on Saturdays from 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. beginning Saturday, July 25 through August 15. *Appointments must be scheduled for admittance to building.
IN BOTH OPTIONS:
- All courses will be taught by highly qualified, certified GPISD teachers.
- Additional support for social/emotional needs of students and staff will be available.
- All students will participate in district/state assessments to document learning and growth.
- Students will have the option of changing from-or-to either option during the year at the end of the grading period.
You will choose from one of these two options durng the enrollment process. Visit this page to get started: https://www.gpisd.org/registration
Scheduled to begin September 8, 2020
Full-time, in-person instruction on campus with heightened cleaning and disinfection protocols.
• Teachers will deliver instruction in person.
• Students will work in a traditional classroom setting on a campus.
• GPISD will follow TEA guidelines in addition to local and state health guidelines to provide face-to-face instruction.
Should it be necessary to close school buildings to the public again for any reason, all students would transfer to the online virtual-school model.
Beginning the first day of school on August 17, 2020
Full-time online virtual-school with district-provided technology.
• Direct instruction through the Zoom platform and/or pre-recorded videos
• Preset schedules for each school day
• Online assignments will be accessed through Canvas or Google Classroom, according to their grade level.
• Teachers will be available to students virtually throughout each school day for direct instruction, office hours, and individual assistance.