Teacher Expectations for Small Group Instruction
Grades 6-12 Expectations
Instruction appropriately focuses on student progress on standards and the continuation of learning. During the period of school closure and virtual instruction, students may receive instruction in the following ways (including, but not limited to):
- Authentic student work/assignments with timely and relevant feedback for continued progress in learning of the standard
- Choice boards and playlists
- Instructional activities within Canvas
- Portfolio tasks and turning in of assignments
- Video lessons
- Project based learning/assignments
- Group/partner project
Small Group/Individualized Instruction Periods
Small Group/Individualized Instruction Periods for virtual teachers are to be time for students to access the teacher for assistance with independent practice. It is not a “conference” period. Just as they would be working with students and providing support during independent practice if students were present in the classroom, they will be providing that access and communicating virtually with the students they serve.
- Be available to serve students during scheduled Small Group/Individualized Instruction Periods.
- Use this time to contact families who have not been engaged in online learning
- Provide academic feedback to students based on their work