The goal of GPISD is to reduce energy cost to put the money back in the classrooms for instruction. All non-essential electronic items need to be turned off at the end of each day or when not in use, including:
- TV monitors
All doors and windows should be closed and secured whenever possible. Doors should never be propped open.
The following items are unacceptable as they are violations of GPISD Energy Compliance and Fire Code Violations:
- Candle Warmers
- Heat Lamps
- Personal refrigerators
- Plug-in Air Fresheners
- Food Warmers
- Hot Plates
- Portable Heaters
- Heating Pads
- Electric Flat or Steam Irons
- Coffee Pots or Makers
- Toaster Ovens
- Non-LED Bulbs
*Any of these items found in a classroom, office or facility space are subject to removal by GPISD*
Whenever there are comfort issues in a district facility or a maintenance need, there is a protocol in place to be able to report in a manner that will allow Operations to systematically investigate each situation according to the severity of the issue. Ideally, for the best result in solving a comfort issue follow these steps:
- Teacher/Professional/Custodian notifies designated personnel about an issue.
- Designated personnel submit a work order via eMaint.
- Provide the campus, the issue, room number, and room temp.
- Maintenance receives comfort/maintenance issue as a work order.
- Appropriate personnel will be dispatched.
Working together will help limit inefficient usage and expedite repairs of equipment to facilitate an optimal education environment.