Student Screening and Protocol
Daily Health Screenings for Students:
While a daily screening for symptoms should be completed each morning before coming to school, the following protocols will be implemented regarding screening for temperature upon arrival at the campus:
- All individuals should be screened at home before coming into the school for fever, cough, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, muscle pain, headache, loss of taste or smell, congestion, runny nose, shortness of breath, abdominal pain and fatigue
- Students with a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted to stay in school.
- Identified sick persons will be isolated immediately and sent home as soon as possible.
- Parents should not enter the facility unless arranged by an administrator. Students will be escorted outside the building and delivered to a verified custodian.
Student or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms on Campus
- When a student has displayed symptoms of COVID-19, the student will be moved to an isolation room, where the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if it is necessary to send the child home.
- Students who are ill should be picked up within 30 minutes and no later than 1 hour from the time the campus contacted the student’s parent/guardian.
- If the nurse determines that the child should be sent home, other students will be removed from the classroom and taken to an alternate location on campus, and the room will not be accessed until disinfecting is complete.
- Staff members displaying COVID-19 symptoms will follow district protocols including isolation from students and other staff members.