High School Safety Plan
- Visual reminders of distancing requirements will be in all classrooms, marking off areas for common spaces and distancing best practices.
- Students will use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting classrooms.
- Community supplies will be avoided. Each child will have their own supplies.
- When possible, iPads should be used for dictionaries and calculators.
- Minimize passing of papers by having students upload documents electronically.
- Anything that must be shared should have an easily cleanable surface to be disinfected between uses, following CDC guidelines.
- Classroom materials that cannot be disinfected (magazines, books, etc.) will be limited for use by one person only.
- Teachers will develop, teach and implement procedures that limit student movement within the classroom such as turning in assignments, materials being passed out, etc.
- Teachers will establish student responsibilities to clean personal areas and materials/supplies with hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and other self-cleaning products.
- If tables are used, limit the number of students per table and identify which seats are to be used to provide as much social distancing as possible.
Physical Education Classroom Protocols
- Whenever possible, physical education classes will be held outside to allow for maximum physical distance between students.
- When students are outside and socially distanced from other students and staff members, they may remove their masks. Masks must be worn when walking out to the physical education area and when returning to the building.
- Activities requiring close physical contact or multiple students touching the same equipment will be avoided.
- Procedures will be implemented in the locker rooms to encourage social distancing as much as is possible.
- Equipment will be disinfected after each use.
- Sanitizing areas and access to handwashing will be provided.
- Campuses will develop schedules and protocols for the use of common areas, including sanitizing space between each use. When needed, students will bring personal supplies from the classroom.
- All students and staff will be required to use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting common areas.
- In order to prevent cross contamination, water fountains will be used as filling stations only. Students will have the opportunity to fill a container that they can drink from throughout the day, but they will not drink directly from water fountains.
- Cleaning supplies will be readily available in common areas through utilization of spill stations or similar type stations.
- Visual aids (tape on floor, social distancing markers, etc.) will be used as reminders to persons in building.
- Doors to common spaces will remain open to avoid multiple people touching handles.
- During transition times, staff members will actively monitor restrooms to encourage social distancing and proper hand washing.
- Restrooms will be cleaned a minimum of twice per day.
- Signage and staff will reinforce physical distance and traffic patterns in the cafeteria.
- Students will use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the cafeteria.
- Due to physical distancing guidelines, campuses will not be able to accommodate visitors during lunch.
- Depending on the number of students, plans for lunches to be eaten in the cafeteria as well as classrooms will be developed accordingly
- Social distancing recommendations will be enforced.
- Students bringing their lunch are encouraged to use disposable containers.
- Cafeterias will be cleaned often and physical distancing guidelines will be followed as much as is physically possible.
- When possible, students will access literature virtually by using SORA.
- Students and staff will sanitize hands upon entering and exiting the library.
- Returned books/materials will remain on a cart for three days prior to being reshelved.
- Visual reminders will be added and furniture rearranged to help students maintain social distancing while in the library.
- Surfaces will be disinfected regularly.
- Passing periods may be adjusted to discourage mingling.
- To prevent congregating during transition times and cross contamination of surfaces, lockers will not be assigned. Students will be permitted to bring backpacks to class. Clear/plastic backpacks are recommended for ease of cleaning/disinfecting.
- Students and staff members will walk on the right side of the hallway and maintain social distancing during transitions as much as is physically possible.
- Staff members will actively monitor hallways to ensure students adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Classroom doors will be propped open during transitions to limit contact with door handles.
- Students will sanitize hands as they enter and leave classrooms.
- Early arrivals are strongly discouraged. Any exceptions need to be specifically arranged with campus administration.
- Separate entrances will be utilized for car riders, bus riders, and walkers
- Students will go straight to the classroom upon arrival and will not wait in centralized holding areas. Students will sanitize hands upon entry into the school building
- Parents will not be allowed to walk students to classrooms to ensure social distancing.
- In order to manage student movement in the building and decrease the risk of potential crowding outside at dismissal time, campuses will designate staggered dismissal times, staggering the groups of walkers, car riders, bus riders. Times will be communicated by individual campuses.
- Parents should remain in their car to ensure social distancing as much as is possible.
- Staff members will actively monitor students after school to enforce social distancing expectations
- Car riders should be picked up as quickly as possible after school to minimize congregating.