Self-esteem can influence our happiness and success. But for some people, self-esteem can be a fragile thing. It might be swayed by everything from the people in our lives to our own inner voice.
Building Self Esteem: How YOU Can Do It!
Building Self Esteem is an inside job. Simply put, self esteem is a reflection of what you think and how you feel about yourself.
It is not about your grades in school or the degrees you have, your relationships, your bank balance, the car you drive or your job title.
Positive self esteem is:
- meeting life's challenges and not feeling victimized
- taking responsibility for your thoughts, words and actions
- making conscious choices to empower and love yourself
If you want to build positive self esteem you need to make choices in your thinking and doing that supports your strengths. Unfortunately, many of us do just the opposite. We make choices that criticize the way we do things.
Quick Tips for Building Self-Esteem
- Change your habit of negative thinking. It takes a minimum of 21 days to develop a habit- SO GIVE YOURSELF TIME - Use Consistent, Regular Practice when doing our activities.
- When faced with a situation that feels fearful and confusing - Ask yourself - "WHAT DO I WANT TO HAVE HAPPEN IN THIS SITUATION?" This will turn your focus on what you want rather than on what you do not want.
- When you are feeling stuck, sad or unhappy - ask yourself - WHAT CAN I DO RIGHT NOW THAT SUPPORTS MY GREATNESS (HAPPINESS and JOY)? Then, do it. This will send a strong message to your brain that says I am person who deserves happiness and values myself!