GPISD Ed Foundation Sponsored Experiences
Due to the current public health situation and for the concern of our students’ safety, at this time all experiences have been postponed until further notice. We want to thank the GPISD Education Foundation for their continued support.
The purpose of this web page is to:
- provide logistics for each trip
- know who is responsible for the various aspects of these experiences
The choice of which outdoor experiential learning trip a campus takes is up to them.
- Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center - register for a date by 8/16/19 - trip logistics are here
- Trinity River Audubon Center - register for a date by 8/16/19 - trip logistics are here
- Dallas Children’s Garden - register with Brenda by 8/23/19 - make your own reservations and communicate with Brenda. A deposit check and final payment check will be delivered to your campus. Bus requests are completed by Brenda.
- Camp Grady Spruce - register with Brenda by 8/23/19 - your own reservations and communicate with Brenda. A payment check will be delivered to your campus. Bus requests are completed by the campus.
- If you have a different program you would like approved - Requests are due by 8/23/19 - Please complete this online request form. Keep in mind that approved programs must be content driven, outdoor experiential learning.
Regardless of the program your campuses choose, each team must submit a digital product showcasing the top 5 content-based take-aways the students gained. This is one of the best ways to say thank you to the Education Foundation.
It should be student made and include what they did, photos that are ok to use elsewhere and some sort of visual thankyou to the Education Foundation.
Provide one product for the entire team, not individual students. It does not need to be complex or complicated, unless you want it to be.
- Products should be uploaded to this folder in Google Drive
- Campuses will need to submit the project within 20 days of your trip
Thank you, Education Foundation, for investing in our students to have these experiences!