When There is a COVID-19 Case on a GPISD Campus...
- Conduct contact tracing to identify individual(s) who were in close contact with an infected person.
- Directly contact individuals who were in close contact with the affected individual(s) and require close contacts to self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. In the event of the need to self-quarantine, students will be transitioned to GPISD Online.
- Communicate to all families on a campus when a positive case has been confirmed.
- Conduct extra deep cleaning in areas where the infected individual(s) spent time.
- Work with the health department to identify potential contacts.
- Monitor symptoms of students and staff.
- Send students and staff home when they are ill at school.
- Continue to provide important health information to families.
GPISD Will Not:
- Provide personally identifiable information of an infected person (name, grade level or class info).
- Immediately close schools for one positive case.
- Allow students/staff to return to campus until they meet all return to school/work requirements.