About Our School
Pre-K – 5 | Traditional
Dwight D. Eisenhower Elementary School gives parents and students the choice of a traditional education. With a focus on engaging, relevant learning, Eisenhower provides students access to a quality education with a traditional approach, while seeking to develop responsible citizens interested in promoting kindness to others.
How to know Eisenhower Elementary is right for your child:
- You are interested in giving your child the choice of a traditional educational experience focused on the development of the whole child.
- You are excited about your child having the opportunity to participate in programs designed to focus on kindness, compassion, and service to others.
- You desire for your child to have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities: Show Choir, service-oriented Kindness Crew, STEM Club, environmentally aware Green and Clean Recycling Club, and more.
Unique ways your child can learn and grow here:
- Dual-language program develops bilingual, biliterate, and bicultural students.
- Recently remodeled outdoor learning space features a garden area, teaching materials, and learning environment.
Full day ESL and Bilingual Pre-K classes are available.
Following the Gomez and Gomez model, bilingual classes are available at every grade level in our school.
Gifted and Talented
Gifted and Talented classes are offered for students who meet the district criteria for participation.
Beyond the Bell
After-school care is provided by the District's Beyond the Bell program.
After-school, auditioned choir for 4th and 5th grade students showcases vocal talent and skill throughout the year. Cougar Choir performs at the Pride of Texas Music Festival every year and consistently earns superior ratings.
Green and Clean Recycling Team
Green and Clean club provides recycling service and opportunities every week to keep Eisenhower Green and Clean.
Kindness Crew is a team of students that works to promote kindness and compassion around the campus and community by doing community projects, social learning activities, and inspiring acts of kindness.
Elementary A+ UIL Academic Team
Elementary A+ UIL Academic Team is an extra-curricular academic district-wide competition which showcases teams of students in grades 2-5 in areas of spelling, mathematics, music listening, chess, and art history.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Eisenhower Elementary have a specific pathway as a school of choice?
Does the Eisenhower bilingual program include a two-way model in which students who do not speak Spanish are able to learn Spanish?
Does Eisenhower provide transportation to students?