Hour of Code
Get started by doing one of the following:
- go to hourofcode.com
- use a coding app on your ipad such as swiftplaygrounds
There are More Computer Science Jobs Than Qualified Candidates to Fill Them
more CS jobs in the US than qualified applicants to fill them.
Computer Science jobs are growing at twice the rate as any other job.
growing source of wages in the US.
Although 58% of all new STEM jobs are in computer science, only 8% of STEM graduates study computer science.
Higher education cannot produce enough computer science graduates. Only 4% of all bachelor degrees earned are in computer science.
Pathways to Jobs in Every Industry
- Software Developer
- I.T. | Database Developer
- Aviation Systems Engineer
- Video Game Programmer
- Robotics Engineer
- Weather Analyst
- Graphic Arts | Web Designer
- Major League Sports | Player Analyst
- National Defense | Cyber Security
- Biology | Animal Tracking
There is a Lack of Diversity in Technology
Females 17% Latinx 7.1% Males 83% African American 9.2% Asian 13.3% White 70.4%
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: WWW.TECHSMART.CODES + PEW RESEARCH CENTER