Services to Students with Autism Grant
About the Grant
Texas Education Agency’s Services to Students with Autism grant program proposed to serve scholars with Autism (ages 3 through 9) in self-contained and inclusive settings across Grand Prairie Independent School District and a charter school, Uplift Morton Preparatory.
Grand Prairie ISD has committed to improving the academic and functional outcomes for students with Autism, in both special programs or in inclusive settings, by:
- Reinforcing the implementation of Evidenced Based Practices for Students with Autism
- Developing and incorporating a Comprehensive Framework Program (CFP) that includes the three areas:
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Classroom Enrichment
- Sensory Motor
- Increasing in-class supports provided by our grant-funded Board Certified Behavior Analysts and Autism Specialists
- Providing a wide array of new technology, visuals, instructional materials, and sensory-motor tools and supports
- Providing extensive teacher trainings and targeted parent informational meetings and support
- CREATE a comprehensive program that utilizes evidence-based practices in a triad of services for scholars with autism. This triad is Applied Behavior Analysis, Classroom Environment, and Sensory-Motor.
- ENHANCE the consistency and reliability of current practices in alignment with the same evidence-based practices.
- BUILD capacity in staff for sustainability both through hiring Board Certified Behavior Analyst and via training our staff so they become proficient in evidence-based practices, high-leverage practices, and Applied Behavior Analysis.