Services to Students with Autism Grant
About the Grant
Texas Education Agency’s Services to Students with Autism grant program proposed to serve scholars with Autism (ages 3 through 9) in self-contained and inclusive settings across Grand Prairie Independent School District.
Grand Prairie ISD has committed to improving the academic and functional outcomes for students with Autism, in both special programs or in inclusive settings, by:
- Reinforcing the implementation of Evidenced Based Practices for Students with Autism
- Developing and incorporating a Comprehensive Framework Program (CFP) that includes the three areas:
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Classroom Enrichment
- Sensory Motor
- Increasing in-class supports provided by our grant-funded Board Certified Behavior Analysts and Autism Specialists
- Providing a wide array of new technology, visuals, instructional materials, and sensory-motor tools and supports
- Providing extensive teacher trainings and targeted parent informational meetings and support
- CREATE a comprehensive program that utilizes evidence-based practices in a triad of services for scholars with autism. This triad is Applied Behavior Analysis, Classroom Environment, and Sensory-Motor.
- ENHANCE the consistency and reliability of current practices in alignment with the same evidence-based practices.
- BUILD capacity in staff for sustainability both through hiring Board Certified Behavior Analyst and via training our staff so they become proficient in evidence-based practices, high-leverage practices, and Applied Behavior Analysis.