Login credentials to enter a field trip request must be requested by email to the Field Trip Coordinator. Please send your first name, last name, and campus for which you will be making requests for.
Requests for approval of in-state trips must be made at least 15 days prior to the date of departure. Requests for approval of out-of-state trips must be made at least 30 days prior to the date of departure. All trip requests shall contain the following:
- Date of departure
- Time of departure and return
- Event to be attended
- Location of event
- Sponsors' name and phone number
- The number of students and adults being transported
- Educational relevance
- Details of your trip that Transportation needs to know must be added to the "notes" within the trip
- Budget code approved by the budget owner
Field Trip Reminders
- Field trip requests are for buses only. Any vehicle that is not a bus must be rented. Please visit the Purchasing Department's website for instruction on rental procedures.
- GPISD buses are for transporting students and staff only. Coolers, props, athletic gear, instruments, etc. are not permitted and will be refused by the driver, with no exceptions. Please visit the Purchasing Department's website for instruction on rental procedures.
- Pick up time for all field trips will be no earlier than 9:00 am. Return time for all field trips is no later than 2:00 pm. Please plan all your events accordingly.
- Changes to any existing trip must be emailed to the field trip coordinator at least 48 hours in advance with the exception of the Special Education Department. Requests for same-day changes will not be honored. Voicemail messages of changes will not be honored. Arrangements made with any staff other than the Field Trip Coordinator will not be honored. Arrangements or changes made with a bus driver will not be honored.
- A field trip must be entered for each day of service. One trip number represents one day of service. Example: Camp Grady Spruce - A trip request must be put in for the day of departure and a second trip request must be put in for the day of the return. This includes competitions.
- Please call 214-931-0694 for after hour or weekend assistance.