Student Social and Emotional Supports
GPISD Counseling Services staff, consisting of school counselors and school social workers, are dedicated to supporting the social and emotional wellbeing of all students. Counseling programs and resources will be available at each campus to assist students with removing social, emotional, and economic barriers that may impede student achievement.
- Classroom social-emotional learning lessons
- Individual counseling
- Small-group counseling
AFTER-HOURS COUNSELING SUPPORTS:
- For elementary students, the Social Work Hub will provide support and counseling referrals. https://www.gpisd.org/Page/41695
- For secondary students, Dial Care, the free tele-health service, will provide direct virtual counseling sessions; these sessions are available after school hours and on weekends. https://www.gpisd.org/dialcare
- District and campus Counseling Services staff will host parent workshops to provide parents with additional resources and strategies that foster student success.
STUDENT/STAFF SOCIAL EMOTIONAL WELLNESS CAMPAIGN:
- Wellness Wednesdays Campaign
- Mental health and mindfulness tips
- Self-care activities
- Stress and anxiety-reduction resources
- Staff training for: grief/loss; prior trauma; social anxieties due to the pandemic; equity and inclusion
STUDENT CONNECTION/INTERACTION CAMPAIGN
- Each campus has a Kindness Crew Club that will focus on helping students build relationships with others and promote a positive school culture
- The Handprints on Hearts Mentoring Program is available at each campus to provide an additional layer of support for students in need of a mentor.
ADDRESSING FINANCIAL BARRIERS TO EDUCATION THROUGH THE SOCIAL WORK HUB
Campus Counseling Services staff and the Social Work Hub have the following resources to support students and their families:
- School supplies
- Hygiene products
Please contact your campus counselor/social worker or the Social Work Hub (972.522.7070) for more information or visit the website here: https://www.gpisd.org/Counseling
Updated September 22, 2021
*Some protocols may be subject to change based on updated guidance from the state of Texas, public health authorities, or changing conditions in Dallas County and/or Tarrant County.
*Algunos protocolos pueden estar sujetos a cambios con base de recomendaciones actualizadas del estado de Texas, autoridades de salud pública, o condiciones cambiantes en el condado de Dallas y/o Tarrant.