School Climate Transformation Grant
The School Climate Transformation Grant affords Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) the opportunity to develop, enhance, and expand systems of support for schools seeking to improve behavioral outcomes and learning conditions for all students. Through this grant initiative, Grand Prairie ISD is actively implementing evidence-based efforts designed to foster safe and supportive environments that maximize student achievement.
The School Climate Transformation team organizes programs and activities that encourage collaboration between educators, students, and families. Such collaboration fosters an environment where teachers feel supported, parents feel heard, and students feel connected, resulting in the transformation of the school climate at large.
Our efforts to improve campus culture and climate include:
- Providing ongoing support and assistance with schoolwide PBIS implementation
- Designing behavioral interventions based on in-depth analysis of school climate surveys and campus discipline data.
- Providing classroom management training
- Coordinating district/campus-wide behavior management professional development opportunities
- Conducting parent workshops
- Facilitating drop-out prevention efforts