• Return to online registration homepage.

    online registration

    Returning Student Registration

    Returning Student Registration with a Skyward account

    Welcome back Grand Prairie ISD students! Before starting registration please have a copy of your utility bill available; this will be uploaded during the registration process.

    Free and reduced lunch applications will be available in July for the 2023-2024 school year.

    Please use Returning Student Registration if your child meets the following criteria:

    • The student was enrolled/will be enrolled on the last day of the prior year (2021-2022)
    • The student completed pre-enrollment January 18-April 29, 2022
    • The student attended an elementary school in GPISD in the prior year and will attend a GPISD middle school for the 2022-2023 school year
    • The student attended a Middle school in GPISD in the prior year and will attend a GPISD high school for the 2022-2023 school year
    Comments (-1)

    Comments (-1)

Additional Information

  • How to Scan Documents from Your Phone


    • open Notes and tap the camera button. You will be prompted to Scan a Document or Take a Photo or Video.
      Choose Scan Document, lay out the documents that you want to scan, and it will save them as a PDF


    • Open the Google Drive app
    • In the bottom right, tap Add
    • Tap Scan
    • Take a photo of the document you'd like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop. Take photo again: tap re-scan current page. Scan another page: tap Add
    • To save the finished document, tap Done

    Proof of Residency

    Approved Forms of Proof of Residency

    Proof of Residency must be provided with one of the following items listed belowEach item must show a service address.

    • Electric Bill
    • Gas Bill
    • Water Bill
    • Lease Agreement - newly established residency within the last 30 days (also used when you do not have a utility bill and the lease states bills are paid by leasor)
      • The lease agreement must:
        • list the student occupants
        • show a beginning and ending date
        • include the address of the property with signatures from both the leasor and leasee

    NOTE: No other documents will be accepted as proof of residency—including, but not limited to, termination and disconnection notices.

    If you are unable to provide sufficient proof of residency because you are currently living with someone who is the actual GPISD resident and there is no electric, gas, water bill or lease agreement in your name, a Student Residency Affidavit may need to be completed. The following items are required when submitting a Student Residency Affidavit- GPISD resident copy of driver's license, GPISD resident copy of utility bill or lease agreement, and notarized Affidavit of Proof of Residency. GPISD has designed a new process for obtaining a Student Residency Affidavit. Forms will no longer be available on the district website. Parents/guardians will need to contact the campus directly for additional information. GPISD will begin processing Student Residency Affidavits on July 26, 2023. Thank you for your patience.

    Comments (-1)

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I want my child to attend a school other than the school showing in Skyward registration, what do I do?

    You will need to contact the campus you are interested in your child attending and that campus will provide you with a link to apply. You can find contact information for all of our campuses on our website here: https://www.gpisd.org/Page/32765

    How long before I receive a response from the campus after submitting enrollment?

    If you do not receive a call or email within 48 hours, please contact the school you are enrolling your child in.

    What are the essay questions for Grand Prairie and South Grand Prairie High School?

    Additional Application Information and Requirements for Essay

    Early College High School (ECHS) at South Grand Prairie High School and Grand Prairie High School - a partnership between Grand Prairie ISD and Mountain View College.

    Early College High School (ECHS) offers a rigorous and demanding curriculum designed for motivated students with the ability to successfully handle a high school curriculum while simultaneously earning college credit hours. The student being considered for admission will be given the opportunity to earn up to 60+ college credit hours. The student must be capable of being successful in college courses and must be willing to work hard and be dedicated in order to complete both high school and college work. ▪ Student Essay: In the space provided in the online application, the student must compose and write an essay from the following essay prompts. Students may type directly into the space provided or compose the essay using a word processing software (i.e. Microsoft Word) and copy and paste the text into the space provided in the online application.

    • Essay PROMPT #1: What is your favorite subject in school? In what area do you excel? Why?
    • Essay PROMPT #2: What accomplishments in your life (in or out of school) are you most proud? Why?
    • Essay PROMPT #3: If one of your friends asked you to explain why you want to attend an Early College High School, what would you tell them.

    If you cannot complete the essay questions while filling out the online application, you may bring them to the campus or the Education Center at 2602 S. Belt Line Rd. You can also contact the campus for a link to upload the essay.

    My student was enrolled in Grand Prairie ISD in a prior year, am I able to use my Skyward Family Access login information to submit New Student Online Enrollment?

    On the Skyward Family Access login screen select “Enrollment Access” at the bottom of the screen, enter your login information and click ‘Sign In’. This will take you to the New Student Online Enrollment page.

    My children were enrolled in Grand Prairie ISD last year, but withdrew before the end of the year. What do I need to do to enroll them?

    Your children are considered “New Students”. Please refer to the above question about how to submit the New Student Online Enrollment using your Skyward Family Access login information.

    I currently have an active student attending a school in GPISD. I have another child that will be new to GPISD. How do I enroll this child?

    You will be able to enroll the new student using your Skyward Family Access login information. Please refer to question 2 on how to submit the New Student Online Enrollment using your Skyward Family Access login information.

    I do not have a computer and/or internet access at home. Can I still enroll my child?

    Yes, you may use any computer with internet access at any location. The best thing to do is to visit the campus and complete your information on a school computer. Alternatively, you may use any available computer with internet access to complete an application (such as a friend or family member).

    Once I complete the enrollment forms online, am I finished with the enrollment process?

    Elementary and Middle School students:

    As long as all required documents have been submitted and your forms have been completed, you have completed the enrollment process.  If you have any other questions, please contact the school where your child will attend.

    High School students:

    Someone from your campus will contact you to complete the enrollment process, including scheduling a meeting with your student's school counselor.

    Whom do I call with questions about the Online Registration Process?

    You can contact your campus or email us at registration@gpisd.org to ask any general questions about the form or the Online Registration process.

    Comments (-1)