Come visit our Pre-K and Kindergarten at Austin Elementary! You will see active learning in our classrooms through language activities, word walls, big books, poems, calendar activities, math manipulatives, learning centers, and more. We have been learning letters and shapes such as hexagon, octagon and are going to start on 3-dimensional forms.
Tips for Parents
- Be on time to school. Students are late after the 8:10 bell
- Don’t forget to send a jacket on cold mornings. Recess is in the morning at 10:00 am
- Be at school everyday, unless running a fever or have a contagious infection
- Read to your child every day and let them see your read
- Students have homework each week on the focus letters
- Students need pencils, crayons, scissors and glue at home to complete homework assignments
- Check and sign your child's red folder everyday. Homework is sent out every Monday and should be turned in every Friday
- Remove notes and papers that do not need to be returned to school
- Please put lunch/snack money in your child's account instead of sending money each day
- Work with your child to learn how to spell their first and last name
Please contact your teacher if you need anything.