Degrees and Certifications:
Sacred Heart University Bachelors in Elementary Education EC-8 Bilingual Spanish
Welcome to Bonham Early Education School. My name is Vivian Torres, Bonham’s Instructional Coach. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, a beautiful island in the Caribbean. I have 18 years of work experience. I taught Dual Language Kindergarten for 12 years, Dual Language Second Grade for one year, two years as a Dual Language Pre-K Teacher, two years as a Literacy Strategist, and one year as K-5th grade Instructional Coach.
The role of the Instructional coach
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with classroom teachers, administrators, and staff.
- Help classroom teachers address learning challenges in individual classrooms through modeling, co-teaching, providing feedback, and facilitating grade-level or department teams.
- Increase collaboration through quarterly meetings with coaching coordinator and principal to monitor the progress of the coaching plan and modify it as necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate assessment data to determine improvements in instructional practice and student achievement.
- Support classroom teachers in long- and short-range planning (co-planning) for increased student achievement.
- Develop each teacher’s capacity to serve as a model of high-quality instruction.
- Provide training to increase high-quality classroom instruction and appropriate use of support staff (e.g. training paraprofessionals, pre-AP support, RTI, etc.).
- Fulfill identified responsibilities of teacher induction program, while building capacity of a team to support new teachers.