Mission StatementTo protect and promote the health and safety of all students and staff through:
- Advocacy for accessible health services and policies reflective of our community values
- Prevention of disease and injury
- Development of strategic relationships with key organizations to accomplish the mission, vision and goals of the health services program
- Prepare school nurses to perform optimally in an environment with increasing and complex health issues
We recognize that the health status of students impacts the quality of their education.
- Coordinated School Health -- Health Services, Health Education, Employee Wellness, Healthful & Safe Environment, Parent Involvement, Nutrition, Physical Education, and Health Education
- Communicable Disease Control -- Awareness, training and prevention
- Immunization Compliance -- Texas Immunization Laws for school age children
- School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) -- Community health advised
- Child Abuse Reporting & Data Collection
- State Health Reports
- Blood-borne Pathogens Exposure Control
- Health Services Training
- School District & Medical Community Liaison
- Pregnancy-Related Services and PEP
- Supervision & Primary Evaluator of Nurses
- AED Program
- GEHI (General Education Homebound Instruction)
The school nurse provides preventive health services to facilitate the student’s optimal physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development.
She identifies problems and disabilities and provides such services as case finding, health education, referring and care in order to help prevent serious health problems which would later be more difficult and costly to address.
She supports the education process by working to assure the health of the students.
Degrees and Certifications: