Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Catherine Bridges
WELCOME MESSAGE TO PARENTS
Dear Bronco Parents:
Welcome to the new school year at Florence Hill Elementary! I hope you enjoyed your summer vacation and are ready to begin the new school year. I am very excited to be here and I look forward to our continued success!
At Florence Hill, we feel that focusing on instruction, engaging students in the learning process, and maximizing our learning time can continue to accomplish this success. We will teach the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills), our state-mandated curriculum, and make sure that our students are prepared for state and district assessments.
As parents, you are our partners in your child’s education. We ask you to join us in making learning a priority. These are some ways you can help:
- Get your child to school on time. Our day begins at 8:10 a.m. Your child must be in the classroom at that time to not be counted tardy. Traffic is always heavy in the morning. Please leave home in time to allow for this.
- Make sure that your child does his/her homework. Homework is given for a variety of reasons, primarily to reinforce skills already taught in the classroom. It is not busy work, but a valuable learning tool.
- Check your child’s folder or agenda when it comes home. These are the tools that teachers use to keep you informed and that you can use to communicate with teachers.
- Read with or to your child every night. Reading is a skill critical to the mastery of all other subjects. As with any other skill, the more it is practiced, the better it gets.
- Practice those math facts! Although we work a lot on problem solving in math, they must know the facts in order to get the problem correct.
We look forward to working with our students, parents, and community members this year!