Counseling Services Department
- Vision Statement
The students at David Daniels Elementary Academy of Math and Science are progressive learners who graduate career and college focused, with the social emotional knowledge to be successful 21st Century citizens. All students have acquired the knowledge and skills that create endless opportunities and become life-long learners. Supported by the comprehensive school counseling program, students have the ability to communicate effectively, create and develop relationships, and understand human values.
The mission of the school counseling program is to provide all students with a comprehensive school counseling program centered on age-appropriate curriculum that encourages career awareness through academic achievement, character education, and social-emotional awareness to create whole 21st Century learners. Through collaboration with administration, teachers, parents and community, the school counselor will help students to become life-long learners and have the ability to create and develop relationships.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students can achieve and be successful learners.
- All students will be equipped with career awareness.
- All students will be recognized for their talents and abilities.
- Include the participation of teachers because of their direct involvement with the students daily.
- Foster a positive relationship between home and school.
- The school counselor is the primary advocate for students.
- The school counselor will abide by the ASCA Ethical Standards to ensure fair treatment of all students, staff, and parents.