Degrees and Certifications:
Associate's Degree in Nursing Central Texas College
My name is Kathryne Rivero. I am a Registered Nurse and this is my 4th year as the School Nurse at Moore.
I graduated from Central Texas College with my Associate’s of Applied Science in Nursing degree and acquired my RN license in May of 2005. I have worked in the hospital for most of my career on Nephrology, Cardiac, and Medical-Surgical units in various hospitals. This summer I also started working part time doing Pediatric Home Health. Prior to my assignment here at Moore I was a Substitute Nurse around GPISD, and in February 2012 I took my first full-time school nurse position at Kennedy Middle School.
I am here to help provide the best quality of care to you and your students and keep them safe and healthy while at school.
Important Things to Know
- A medication permission order signed by BOTH you and your child’s doctor is required if your child will need to have any medications administered at school, including over-the-counter medications. You may stop by the clinic and get these forms from me.
- Prescription medication needs to be brought in the original packaging with the prescription label attached (no pills in baggies, mislabeled/expired pill bottles, inhalers without the box bearing the prescription label, etc).
- Medications may be brought to the clinic by a student but cannot be sent home with a student.
- If a medication is only to be given for a short time (7-10 days) such as antibiotics, you may send these with a note including the following:
- Student’s Full Name
- Name of Medication
- How much to be given
- Time medication is to be given
- Parent Signature
- Please keep sick kids home.
- Students with the following symptoms must stay home for 24 hours before returning to school (This is not only to allow your student to feel better, but also to minimize the spread of sickness and infection on our campus.):
- Students with unknown rashes (especially accompanied with fever) should be evaluated by a doctor prior to coming to school.