Dear Sallye Moore Community -
Welcome back to returning families and welcome to families who are new to Sallye Moore this year! Although this year will again look a bit different, It makes me so happy to see our children returning to campus together. The past year and a half have shown how supportive, resilient, and resourceful our community can be. As we begin the 2021-2022 school year, the PTA Executive Board remains focused on supporting our students, families, teachers, and staff in every way we can. Our most important work remains to advocate for every child. I strongly encourage you to join the PTA and become more involved in shaping how education will move forward.
As always, our mission is to enhance our children’s experience by forming a partnership with our school. One way of achieving this goal is by fostering a welcoming atmosphere in which families look forward to volunteering and becoming a part of the school community. Throughout the school year, the PTA hosts numerous events, allowing the opportunity to become involved at many different levels.
Please join me, the PTA board, and our entire school community as we embark on a quest to ensure Sallye Moore reaches its greatest potential. A list of board members, ways to join PTA, and fundraising, as well as links to other helpful information, can be found here. As always, feel free to contact PTA with any questions, comments, or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the PTA Executive Board, I thank you in advance for your support.
2021 - 2022 PTA EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
- President: Karen Williams-Coke
- Treasurer: Arneisea Turner
- Teacher Liaisons:
- Elementary: Deidre Cangelose / Leanne Gomez
- Principal: Nichole Holland
HOW TO JOIN PTA
Ways to Join:
- Google Form: Moore PTA Membership Sign-up Form or scan the QR code;
- Texas PTA Website via https://www.joinpta.org/ (Note: $1.50 processing fee) OR
- Complete this form and return it with your payment attached to the Main Office.
PTA Membership Levels
The PTA is a non-profit 501(C)(3), and your membership/donation is TAX-DEDUCTIBLE. Your membership means participation in and support for our numerous programs and activities. By joining, you also get an opportunity to be better informed, network with other parents, and serve as a role model for your children. You are invited to all our meetings and events but are not required to attend.
*** The proceeds will go toward a new sound system for the Cafetorium. ***
*ALL MEMBERSHIP LEVEL INCLUDES:
A Membership, National PTA Discount Card, and Spirit Patch “PTA Member”
$7.00 Individual Membership…………... *All the above
$15.00 Bronze Membership................... *(1) PTA Lanyard
$40.00 Silver Membership......................*(1) additional Membership, a PTA T-shirt, a PTA Lanyard & (2) Spirit Patches
$50.00 Gold Membership……................. *Silver Membership plus (1) additional PTA T-shirt & PTA Lanyard
$100.00 Platinum Membership……….…….*(4) Pack - Memberships, PTA T-shirts, PTA Lanyards & Spirit Patches
$200.00 Business Membership…………….…*Platinum Membership plus business name on PTA webpage and Social Media for one week.
Your email address will be used only by the PTA and NOT shared with any outside parties. You will receive email updates on upcoming special events, volunteer opportunities, and general information.
The National PTA will no longer print membership cards; however, the cards will be emailed to you after joining PTA. Membership discounts can be found at txpta.org/member-perks.
VOLUNTEER SIGNUP FORM
All of this takes the hard work and dedication of our school community members. The diversity at Sallye Moore School has created a unique opportunity in which each of us has a different set of skills, talents, and resources. We anticipate for our school community to come together and support our amazing school in any way possible.
We would love to have your help; therefore, if you could volunteer one (1) hour during school, evenings, or behind the scene, please let us know by clicking the link https://docs.google.com/forms/; scan the QR code or
for specific events, please see Sign-up Genius (https://www.signupgenius.com) for full details.
VOLUNTEER BACKGROUND CHECK
- Grand ISD requires background checks for all volunteers and other purposes. If you plan to volunteer, or have been instructed to submit a background check, please review the following:
- Visit: https://granprairieisd.quickapp.pro/apply/ or scan QR code
- IMPORTANT: You will need to fill out only one (1) application NOT one for each child. If you have more than one child and they are at different campuses, please choose MULTI CAMPUS (under the “M’s”).
- New background checks can be submitted for the upcoming school year starting the first week of August. Completion of this form is only required once during the school year.
- Please use your legal name as it appears on your driver's license or other official ID.
- The form requires Social Security to complete the application.
- Download a copy of your application for your records
- Notify Moore PTA email@example.com after submission.
- Background results may take 3-5 business days to complete. You will not receive an e-mail FROM GPISD confirming your approval to volunteer. Please check with your campus secretary after 3 days to confirm your approval. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN E-MAIL ONLY IF FURTHER INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
SPIRIT WEAR ONLINE STORE
Buy your spirit wear online NOW in our new school store.
- Store #: 11926
- Spirit Store Link: https://www.spiritworx.com/store/11926/
- Spirit Store QR Code:
How about using AMAZON SMILE? The same great Amazon you love but with 5% of the profits being automatically donated to Sallye Moore Preparatory. Below are instructions on how to register your current account and designate your charity listed as PTA Texas Congress 10135 Sallye Moore. Each time you make a purchase Amazon will contribute 5% of your eligible sales to Sallye Moore. This donation could happen every time you shop with them! An easy and effortless way to make money for our school.
- Visit http://smile.amazon.com and log into your account.
- Type PTA Texas Congress Sallye Moore into the search field to donate to Moore.
- Click the yellow select button to choose PTA Texas Congress Sallye Moore
- Accept our "Thank You" and enjoy shopping, knowing that what you spend is supporting the Sallye Moore Preparatory you love.
No more clipping. No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone. Download the ALL-NEW Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit your school's Box Tops earnings online.
- Download the ALL-NEW Box Tops app from Apple Store or Google Play.
- BUY BOX TOPS PRODUCTS - Look for the logo. You can find it on hundreds of products you know and love.
- Tap the scan button and snap a photo of your receipt within 14 days of purchase.
- Box Tops earnings are identified and automatically updated online.
In addition, as more of our Box Tops members buy groceries online, many have asked, “how do I earn Box Tops if I don’t have a paper receipt to scan?” Good news! You can still earn Box Tops by submitting your email receipts from select retailers.
- Buy Box Tops products online at an eligible retailer like Costco, Walmart Grocery, Instacart, and more.
- Forward your email receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to send from the email account you use for Box Tops so we can recognize you!
- If there were participating products on your receipt, Box Tops will be credited within one business day.
Sallye Moore Preparatory PTA has partnered with Kroger’s Community Rewards Program. When you register your Kroger card a percentage of eligible purchases will be given to Sallye Moore.
- Simply visit http://www.kroger.com and log into your Kroger account. Once you have logged into your account.
- Search for Sallye Moore Preparatory PTA either by name or by Non-Profit Organization number QT253.
- Click Enroll. New users will need to create an account that requires some basic information, a valid email address, and a rewards card.
- Customers must have a registered Kroger rewards card account to link to our organization. If you do not yet have a Kroger rewards card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger. Participants must swipe their registered Kroger rewards card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger rewards card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Do you shop at Torn Thumb? Tom Thumb has a charity PROGRAM called GOOD NEIGHBOR. Sallye Moore Preparatory has been enrolled in this program for several years and we have received donations from this company This is an effortless way to contribute to our school. The charity number is 11561.
Here is how it works:
- Tom Thumb has assigned our school an exclusive account number. This number can be linked to your Tom Thumb Loyalty account. Simply fill out the Good Neighbor Charity form and follow the -instructions 011 the form.
- Sallye Moore is now linked to your Tom Thumb Loyalty account. Tom Thumb keeps a running total of our account and a check is sent directly to our school each calendar quarter.
- You may drop the form off at the store courtesy booth.
FOLLOW US ON:
Facebook: @moorescholars Instagram: smoorepta_gpisd