Prekindergarten and Kindergarten
Shardai Scott (PK Paraprofessional), Estela Chacon - K,
Welcome to kindergarten at Moore Elementary! Our three kindergarten and PreK classrooms are always busy working on language activities, using the word wall, reading big books and poems, participating in calendar activities, learning with math manipulatives, and building stamina in the Daily Five.
Tips for Parents
- Be on time to school. Students are late after the 8:10 bell.
- Be at school everyday, unless running a fever or have a contagious infection.
- Read to your child every day.
- Help your child complete their homework each evening.
- Students need pencils, crayons, scissors and glue at home to complete homework assignments
- Check and sign your child's folder everyday.
- Remove notes and papers that do not need to be returned to school.
- Remember to send a healthy snack to school with your child each day.
Items we are always in need of...
- paper towels
- baby wipes
- dry erase markers/erasers
- cotton balls
- wiggly eyes
- pipe cleaners
- popsicle sticks
- tissue paper
- play dough
- colored construction paper
- white and colored cardstock
Kindergarten Word Wall List
A, and, am, at, all, are, away, boy, big, but, can, come, dad, dog, do, did, down, for, find, go, girl, has, he, his, have, here, help, her, had, in, it, is, I, jump, like, look, little, my, mom, me, make, no, not, on, play, run, said, see, she, the, to, this, that, they, up, where, we, with, was, want, went, will, yes, you.