Join Our Canvas Class
You can join our Canvas class by selecting this link and enrolling.
This course has:
- College & Career Readiness
- Parent Resources
- Social Emotional Learning
- Coping Skills:tips and tricks to build a healthy mind
The vision of the Jackson Middle School counseling program is to empower students to reach their maximum potential by promoting growth in academic, career and social-emotional domains. Our students will be critical thinkers, lifelong learners, and positive contributing members of society to meet the challenges of a diverse and changing global workforce.
The mission of the Jackson Middle School Counseling Department is to engage all students in a comprehensive counseling program, which will equip them with the necessary tools to SOAR and be successful. We will address the academic and career goals of our students as well as their social-emotional needs to support them in reaching their maximum potential. To achieve this, we will partner with administrators, teachers, parents, and community stakeholders to advocate for and ensure equity, access, and success for all students.
The middle school years—more than during any other stage of life—are filled with dramatic changes in life experiences, body changes, intellectual growth, and emotional expansion. It is both an exciting and challenging time in an adolescent’s life. The counselors at Jackson Middle School are here to support students during this period of transition and growth by helping them to gain a greater understanding of themselves and others, succeed in school, and grow to become responsible and productive members of the community.
Each counselor is committed to helping students:
- Learn and practice skills that assist with healthy and responsible decision-making.
- Nurture the confidence and aspirations that are critical in preparing for college and career.
- Develop a resilience to overcome challenges in school and life.
- Maintain high expectations by providing adequate supports, building social capital, and conveying the conviction that all students can achieve.
The counseling office at the middle school level provides support services to students in a variety of ways:
- Marilin Cucalon
- Adrian Franklin
- Shannon Regalzi
Degrees and Certifications: