High School Lacrosse
Welcome to YWLA Lacrosse!
2017 Lacrosse Schedule coming soon
We look forward to seeing you and your player on the Lacrosse field. Listed below are some equipment suggestions for the new player. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Lacrosse Coach for more information.
- Lacrosse Stick - This is a required item and comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and costs.
- Eye Guard - Eye Guards are required during all practices and games. These are protective eye gear so they do not get a stick or a ball in the eye!
- Mouth Guard - Mouth Guards are required during all practices and games. They also have plastic cases to carry the mouth guard in - while not mandatory a good idea and can be purchased at any sporting good store.
- Lacrosse Gloves - Lacrosse Gloves are not required but some choose to wear them.
- Water Bottle - Lacrosse is a fast-paced sport and hydration is very important! Water bottles are necessary at all levels and should be brought to every practice & game.
Lacrosse is a goal game in which players use a long-handled stick that typically has a triangular head with a mesh pouch to catch, carry, and throw the ball.