The mission of the Vocal Music strand at GPFAA is to develop and enhance the vocal abilities and skills of students who are pursuing music and choral art as a vocation and avocation. The students in the Vocal Music strand are challenged to instill self-discipline, teamwork, superior performance conduct, and demonstrate actions of young responsible musicians while exploring inspirational connections to singing. In additions to be being exposed to various genres and styles of choral literature, students will be provided with an enriched experience in music and high levels of academics that are steeped in great rigor and exemplar of district, state, and national standards.
Vocal Music Awards and Accolades
This year has spark to an amazing start for the vocal music strand. Here are some highlights of the vocal music strand.
- MS/HS- Wonderful Fall Festival production. Showcasing many GPFAA performing groups as well as other district performing groups.
- HS- 52/58- Participated in the Fall High School Musical, HEATHERS as a Chorus Ensemble member or Casting Ensemble member.
- MS- Solo and Ensemble- 4/4 ensembles received superiors division 1 ratings.
- MS- Solo and Ensemble- 66/68 received superiors division 1 ratings on their solo song. 2 received excellent division 2 ratings on their solos song.
- HS- 58 advanced to Round 2 in the All-State Process. 25 were in the Top 5 chairs.
- HS- 33 (with 3 alternates) Advanced to Round 3 in the All-State Process. 19 were in Top 5 chairs.
- HS- 22 (with 10 alternates) Advanced to Round 4 in the All-State Process. 15 were in Top 5 chairs.
- HS- 5/5 made the Honor Treble Choir. 3 were in the Top 5 chairs
- HS- 21 made the All-District Choir.
- HS- 33 made the All-Region Choir
- HS- 13 made the Honor Choir
- HS- Durufle Requiem Concert combine with The Fort Worth Academy of Fine Arts and Fort Worth Choral Society
- HS- UTA- Vocal Workshops
- MS/HS- UTA Research Partnership- On Vocal Maturation- Changing Voice
- MS- 58 Students will be representing GPFAA Vocal Music in the All-Region Choir.
Nine Vocal Music Students Earn All-State Honors